PCC Employment Lawyers provide advice around all issues relating to corporate law including the appropriate corporate structures for business organisations on start up, whether they be:
- Public or Proprietary Limited Companies
- Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Sole Traders; or
- Incorporated Associations
It is absolutely vital for new businesses and partnerships to ensure that they have the correct documentation in place in order to protect each party’s interests in the event a dispute arises in the future. Despite best intentions when a business is first established, unfortunately disputes between business partners, directors and shareholders do arise. We assist our clients to resolve business disputes in an amicable way and as cost-effectively as possible.
We have experience and expertise in providing advice to our clients in areas of corporate and business law, including:
- Registration and incorporation of companies
- The drafting of governing documentation including company constitutions
- Drafting and reviewing partnership and shareholder agreements
- Assisting in resolving partnership and director disputes
- Participating in alternative dispute resolution processes on behalf of clients
- Advising on independent contractor agreements
- Advising on transfers of business and employment
Corporate governance covers the relationships between a business’s board of directors, management, shareholders and other stakeholders as well as the policies, processes and rules that manage a business. Good corporate governance covers factors such as:
- Accountability and transparency
- Management of conflicts of interests
- Compliance with directorial duties
- Shareholder participation; and
- Incentives for board members and management.
We also provide advice and training to individual directors or boards of directors about their legal and fiduciary duties.
Contact us to learn more, or subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates direct to your Inbox.