The Transport and Logistics industry is an intrinsic part of the Australian economy, employing more than half a million people with an estimated annual revenue of $100 billion in 2020. The industry includes road transportation, logistics, warehousing and stevedoring, and provides delivery of vital goods and services throughout Australia as well as the transportation of passengers.
With rapid advances in technology, the industry is constantly evolving and must adapt to new challenges.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Passenger Vehicle Transportation Award 2020; Road Transport and Distribution Award 2020, Road Transport (Long Distance Operations) Award 2020, Rail Industry Award 2020 and/or Storage Services and Wholesale Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on corporate structures and commercial contracts, including independent contractor arrangements
- Intellectual property restraint of trade, and the protection of trade secrets
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Annual salary reconciliations under the Rail Industry Award 2020 annual salary provisions
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications; and
- Workplace Investigations.
Contact us to learn more, or subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates direct to your Inbox.