The social and community services sector represents a large portion of the Australian workforce and industry, including aged care services, services for people with disability and child protection and youth justice services.
The sector has gone through significant financial and regulatory changes with then recent introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and major changes to funding models. The sector has also experienced a number of Royal Commissions in recent years. PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this sector, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 and Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on not for profit governance issues and regulatory compliance including ACNC issues.
- Intellectual property and restraint of trade
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Workplace Investigations
Contact us to learn more or subscribe to our newsletter below to receive employment law updates from the team at PCC Employment Lawyers.