The Australian retail and wholesale industry covers a wide range of businesses providing goods and services to customers and businesses. Following a challenging few years and a shift in sales channels, many businesses have had to rethink their operational and human resource strategies.
A key area of legal concern in this industry is compliance with the applicable modern awards, and issues over casualisation, with payroll being a significant aspect of the cost base for most businesses. PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the General Retail industry Award 2020 ; Storage Services and Wholesale Award 2020 and/or the Road Transport and Distribution Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications; and
- Workplace Investigations.