The professional services industry covers a wide range of businesses providing services to customers and clients, including the legal practice, accountanty, architecture, engineering, PR consultants, IT Professionals and event managers.
A key concern for businesses in the professional services industry is protecting the businesses intellectual property and trade secrets, customer connections, supplier information, customer records, and business processes and procedures. In the modern information era, maintaining the integrity of IT systems and policies is also key.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Clerks (Private Sector) Award 2020; Legal Services Award 2020; Architects Award 2020; and/or the Professional Employees Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on corporate structures and commercial contracts, including independent contractor arrangements
- Intellectual property restraint of trade, and the protection of trade secrets
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Annual salary reconciliations under the Clerks (Private Sector) Award 2020
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Workplace Investigations
Contact us to learn more or subscribe to our newsletter below to receive employment law updates from the team at PCC Employment Lawyers.