The Australian Manufacturing industry contributes around $100 billion to Australian GDP annually and employs around 900,000 Australians and faces a range of unique legal and regulatory challenges.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2020; Storage Services and Wholesale Award 2020 and/or the Road Transport and Distribution Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on corporate structures and commercial contracts, including independent contractor arrangements
- Intellectual property restraint of trade, and the protection of trade secrets
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Annual salary reconciliations under the Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2020 annual salary provisions
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications; and
- Workplace Investigations.