The hospitality industry is dynamic, employing over 900,000 people nationally across the accommodation and food service sectors.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, and firm’s director Brian Powles has high levels of industry specific knowledge which enables a holistic approach to advising clients in this industry.
The hospitality industry has been under the industrial relations spotlight recently, as a specific target for Fair Work Ombudsman compliance activity, as well as heightened union activity within the industry focused on Award compliance and casualisation levels within the industry.
PCC Employment Lawyers assists our clients with:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020; Restaurant Industry Award 2020 and/or the Fast Food Industry Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Annual salary reconciliations under the annual salary provisions of the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020; Restaurant Industry Award 2020
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Workplace Investigations
Contact us to learn more or subscribe to our newsletter below to receive employment law updates from the team.