The Health Services industry in Australia has expanded over the past five years due to Australia’s ageing population and expanding private health coverage. The Health Services industry has faced a range of unique legal and regulatory challenges due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The Health Services industry encompasses a range of primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare industries including general hospitals, general practice medical services, specialist medical services, dental services, chiropractic, physiotherapy and alternative health services, and other health services.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010; Medical Practitioners Award 2020; Nurses Award 2010; Aged Care Award 2010; Pharmacy Industry Award 2020, Pharmaceutical Industry Award 2020 and/or Ambulance and Patient Transport Industry Award 2020;
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on corporate structures and commercial contracts, including independent contractor arrangements
- Intellectual property restraint of trade, and the protection of trade secrets
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Annual salary reconciliations under the Pharmacy Industry Award 2020 annual salary provisions
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Workplace Investigations
Contact us to learn more or subscribe to our newsletter below to receive employment law updates from the team at PCC Employment Lawyers.