The Building and Construction industry covers a wide range of services including the construction, demolition, renovation, maintenance or repair of building and infrastructure and generates over $360 billion in revenue in Australia.
Most businesses operating in the industry range from sole traders providing services direct to consumers or to other building and construction businesses, and small or medium businesses providing small and large construction services and infrastructure projects.
PCC Employment Lawyers have many years experience advising clients in this industry, on issues including:
- Advising on instrument coverage, employee classifications and entitlements under the Building and Construction General On-site Award 2020 and Joinery and Building Trades Award 2020
- Viability, and application, of Enterprise Agreements and the bargaining process
- Advice on corporate structures and commercial contracts, including independent contractor arrangements
- Intellectual property restraint of trade, and the protection of trade secrets
- Preparing employment contracts and workplace policies and general HR support
- Payroll auditing services in response to an internal payroll review or Fair Work Ombudsman direction
- Advising on issues around casual employment and request for casual conversion
- Redundancies and employment terminations
- Termination litigation, including unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Workplace Investigations
Contact us to learn more or subscribe to our newsletter below to receive employment law updates from the team at PCC Employment Lawyers.